Working Visa (KITAS)

Visa Services

Working KITAS - LetsMoveIndonesia

Working Visa (KITAS)

 Working Visa (KITAS) – Who is it for and what are the benefits?

The Working Visa / Working KITAS is intended for foreigners that are employed to work in Indonesia for more than a few months. It is the most comprehensive working permit you can get and allows the user to actively earn income, open bank accounts, pay taxes, get a mobile phone etc.

To obtain a working permit you need to work for a company that is registered within Indonesia. This entity can be either a Foreign Owned Company (PMA), a Representative Office or an Indonesian Owned Company.

The length of your working visa can vary between 6 & 12 months depending on your job title; the validity being approved by Indonesia’s Ministry of Manpower. In general, Directors, Commissioners & Senior Managers can obtain a 12-month extendable permit, whereas advisors can only get a 6-month, non-extendable visa.

If you need to know more about different types of legal entities or you do not have a company set up within Indonesia yet, please check out our Company Establishment Page.

Work KITAS | Working KITAS | Work Visa | Work KITAS | Work Permit | Jakarta, Bali, Indonesia | LetsMoveIndonesia

Can I start the Visa process before I enter Indonesia?

Yes, you can. You can apply for you working permit before you enter the country and we can send you your E-Visa via email before you arrive in Indonesia! For your permit to be official you will need to visit the Immigration Office in Indonesia for your biometric session.

What job do I need to obtain a 12-month Working KITAS?

A 12-month KITAS is only guaranteed for Directors and Commissioners. For roles in Management this is also possible however, it is at the discrepancy of Immigration. LetsMoveIndonesia can give you guidance on this matter.

For non-management roles, (barring a few exceptions) you many only obtain a 6-month, non-extendable KITAS.

During the process, do I need to visit an Indonesian Embassy to collect my work permit? How long does this take? 

Up until October 2020, it was mandatory for all visas to be collected from an Indonesian Embassy overseas, however, now the Indonesian’s Immigration Authorities can offer Electronic Visas (E-Visas).

Check out the link before to find everything you need to know about the E-Visa!

The New E-Visa Everything You Need to Know | LetsMoveIndonesia

What is the DPKK Fund and how much is it?

The DPKK Fund is a payment made to the Ministry of Manpower in Indonesia – The fee is to support training of the domestic workforce and is not negotiable. The price is $100 USD per month. The total amount is dependent on the length of your KITAS – 12 months for example is $1200 USD.

I already have a Working KITAS, can I change jobs and keep my KITAS?

Unfortunately, you cannot continue your current KITAS. You will need to obtain an EPO (Exit Permit Only) which will terminate your current working visa and you will then need to start your new visa with your new company.

Can I do more than one job on my Working KITAS?

You may only work in the location or job specification stated on your KITAS.

If I do not wish to extend my Working KITAS, what should I do?

To terminate your KITAS you must apply for an EPO (Exit Permit Only), whereby your work permit will be terminated. The EPO is very quick and generally takes a few days. Once your EPO stamp is issued, you will need to leave the country within 7 days.

If you have already left Indonesia, you will need to apply for a ERP (Exit Re-entry Permit).

Check out the link to find out more about the EPO Process:

Everything you need to know about the EPO Process!

What happens if I overstay my Visa?

If you overstay your visa you may be subjected to daily fines, blacklisting from the country and even deportation. We cannot stress enough the importance of keeping your visa up to date.

In 2019 the penalty for overstaying rose from 300,000 to 1,000,000 IDR per day.

Want to know more about the KITAS Process?

The KITAS Process – How to Avoid Getting Ripped Off!

The investor KITAS – Everything You Need To Know!

Get your single entry business visa and enter Indonesia



Applicant Documents

  1. Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the expatriate
  2. Certificate of degree graduated
  3. Expatriate passport with minimum 4 blank pages still available with minimum 18 (eighteen) months validity and scanned copy of identification page and cover
  4. Photograph of the expatriate, size 4 cm x 6 cm: 2 pieces, red background, format .jpeg
  5. Domicile Letter of the expatriate in Indonesia (Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal) from the Sub-district (Kantor Kelurahan); or Letter of Domicile from the Building Management or house/apartment rental Agreement Letter – signed by the house/apartment owner
  6. Legality of the company sponsor in Indonesia (as seen in the List of Required Documents of Company Sponsor)

Company Sponsor Documents

  1. Company’s deed of establishment and its amendments (if any)
  2. Approval from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights (MoLHR) of company sponsor / SK Kehakiman Pendirian Perusahaan dan Perubahannya (if any)
  3. Tax Registration Number (NPWP) of company sponsor
  4. Certificate of Domicile (SKDU) of company sponsor
  5. Business License (SIUP) / Principle License (Izin Prinsip/IP) / Permanent Business License (Izin Usaha Tetap/IUT) of sponsor company of BKPM
  6. Certificate Company Registration (TDP) of company sponsor
  7. ID Card (KTP) and Family Register (KK) of the Indonesian Director of company sponsor as Guarantor, or passport of foreign Director.
  8. Blank papers with the company’s letterhead; (for application letters)
  9. Mandatory Manpower Report (Wajib Lapor Keberadaan/WLK) of company sponsor
  10. Employment contract between company sponsor and the expatriate
  11. ID card/ KTP of the Indonesian counterpart
  12. Appointment letter between company and the Indonesian counterpart
  13. Company’s bank account information or statement – balance minimum USD 1,500
  • Share:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp


Real Estate & Relocation Services

Get Your Free Consultation

Latest News