Visa On Arrival (VOA) Extension – Who is it for and what are the benefits?
If you are entering Indonesia using the Visa on Arrival and plan to spend more than 30 days in the country, then you will need to obtain a Visa on Arrival Extension.
To summarise the Visa on Arrival allows foreigners to enter Indonesia without making a pre-organised visa, such as a Single Entry Visa. Upon entry to Indonesia, you pay US$35/IDR 500,000 and you are granted 30 days in the country. If you would like to extend your stay, you will need to process an extension, that provides an additional 30 days’ stay.
To process your extension, you can do it yourself or you can work with LetsMoveIndonesia who can simplify the process. If you do choose to process your extension yourself, here are the steps:
1. Visit your local immigration office and drop off your passport.
2. Return to immigration offices once they have processed the extension for a quick biometric session.
3. Return to the immigration office again to collect your passport
The process can take up to 14 days and is very time-consuming considering the 3 trips to immigration, navigating the office and queueing.
If you would prefer to spend more time doing things you love then LetsMoveIndonesia can simplify the process! As Indonesia’s largest Visa Agency, we assist thousands of people every year with their visas and can make your life significantly easier. The Visa on Arrival extension process with us works like this:
1. Provide us with your passport – we offer a free passport pickup service in proximity to our offices or if you would prefer, you can drop it to any of our offices in Kuningan Jakarta, Seminyak Bali, Canggu Bali or Sanur Bali. We will then take your passport to the immigration office on your behalf.
2. When the extension is processed, join us at your local immigration office where one of our team will greet you and show you where to go.
3. We can return your passport either by our free courier service or you can collect it from one of our offices.
Overall, by using us you will save countless hours of time, save money on travel expenses and enjoy more time enjoying your stay in Indonesia.
To process your extension with LetsMoveIndonesia feel free to contact us using any of the contact details below, pop by any of our offices or fill in the contact form below: WA: +62 811 1286 948 T: +62 21 300 297 27 (Jakarta) T: +62 361 934 8343 (Seminyak Bali) T: +62 361 939 9406 (Canggu Bali) T: +62 361 280 789 (Sanur Bali) E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for VOA Extension
- Original passport
- Entry ticket of first arrival
Want to know more about the Visa on Arrival? Then check out our useful guide below:
The Indonesia Visa on Arrival – Everything you need to know!