Exit Permit Only (EPO) Exit Re-entry Permit (ERP)

Visa Services

Exit Permit Only EPO - LetsMoveIndonesia

Exit Permit Only (EPO) Exit Re-entry Permit (ERP)

Exit Permit Only (EPO) – Who is it for and what are the benefits?

If you currently hold a temporary stay permit (KITAS) in Indonesia and plan to leave the country, change jobs or change the type of KITAS you have, you will be required to apply for an Exit Permit Only (EPO).

Please note, that when your KITAS expires, it is mandatory that you apply for the EPO.

The primary purpose of the EPO is to ensure that all immigration documents are returned to the immigration office and that you are correctly removed from the records.

Some people forget or choose not to fulfil this requirement as you can still exit the country on a valid KITAS; however, if you return to Indonesia without correctly ending your visa, you may run into some problems. Please note that immigration officials have the authority to deny you access to the country if they so choose.

Therefore, we cannot express enough, how important it is, that you fulfil this mandatory requirement.

When do you have to get an EPO

There are 3 occasion whereby you must obtain an EPO:

  1. When you leave Indonesia and have no intention of returning
  2. If you decide to change employer and work for a different company
  3. If you decide to change the type of KITAS form (for example a working KITAS to a retirement KITAS)

How to apply for an EPO and what are the requirements?

Although a fairly simple procedure you will be required to submit a few documents to the immigration office, which includes:

Your original passport

A copy of your exit flights

Any original documents in relation to your KITAS (for example IMTA & DPKK payment)

We would advise not leaving this requirement to the very last minute as the process takes approximately 3 – 5 working days. Once stamped you will have to leave the country within 5 days

Tips, advice and commonly asked questions

If I have already left Indonesia and have not processed an EPO, what should I do?

If you have left Indonesia without submitting documents for an EPO stamp, you will have to apply for an Exit Re-entry Permit (ERP).

To process your ERP you will need to provide:

A copy of your flight tickets

A copy of the exit stamp in your passport

All original documentation in relation to your KITAS

Can I leave Indonesia without obtaining an EPO?

As mentioned earlier, you will still be able to exit the country with a valid KITAS as you are allowed to travel; however the problem lies when/if you want to return, whereby the immigration may have some uncomfortable questions for you upon your arrival.

Please remember, cancelling your KITAS the official way, with the EPO is mandatory.


Requirements (company sponsor)

  1. Request letter of KITAS cancellation (company letterhead)
  2. Original passport
  3. Original work permit (IMTA)
  4. Copy of DPKK fund
  5. Other documents if required

Requirements (spouse sponsor)

  1. Request letter of KITAS cancellation
  2. Original passport
  3. ID Card (KTP) of Indonesian spouse (if applicable)
  4. Copy of marriage certificate


Real Estate & Relocation Services

Get Your Free Consultation

Latest News