Dependent Visa (Dependent KITAS)

Visa Services

Dependent KITAS - Available from LetsMoveIndonesia

Dependent Visa (Dependent KITAS)

Dependent Visa (KITAS) – Who is it for and what are the benefits?

If you are in Indonesia accompanying a family member that has a KITAS, then this Dependent Visa is the visa for you. This visa is applicable for husbands/wives and children of a primary KITAS holder. Once you have this visa you will be able to open bank accounts, register a mobile phone and a host of other benefits afforded to official residents of Indonesia.

The Dependent KITAS does not allow the holder to work, however if you do decide to work at a later date, you can apply for an IMTA and earn an income. Please note that this shouldn’t be a full-time position and if you do get paid you will need to register a NPWP (Tax ID) and submit yearly Individual Tax Reports. If you need help with filing your tax, our team can help you out, to find out more about Individual Tax Reporting, click here.

Alternatively, if you do find a full time job, then you should apply for a Working KITAS and you can change your sponsor to your new employer. To find out more about the Working KITAS, click here.

The length of the Dependent Visa will be linked with the terms on the primary KITAS, for example, if the primary KITAS is for one year, the Dependent KITAS will be for the same longevity.

Dependent KITAS | Dependent Visa | Jakarta, Bali, Indonesia | LetsMoveIndonesia

Common Questions

Can I start the Visa process before I enter Indonesia?

Yes, you can. You can apply for Dependent Visa before you enter the country and we can send you your E-Visa. For your permit to be official you will need to do a biometric session either at a local immigration office in Indonesia where you reside or at the airport.

During the process, do I need to visit an Indonesian Embassy to collect my work permit? How long does this take? 

Up until October 2020, it was mandatory for all visas to be collected from an Indonesian Embassy overseas, however, now the Indonesian’s Immigration Authorities can offer Electronic Visas (E-Visas).

Check out the link before to find everything you need to know about the E-Visa!

The New E-Visa Everything You Need to Know | LetsMoveIndonesia

If I do not wish to extend my KITAS, what should I do?

To terminate your KITAS you must apply for an EPO (Exit Permit Only), whereby your work permit will be terminated. The EPO is very quick and generally takes a few days. Once your EPO stamp is issued, you will need to leave the country within 7 days.

If you have already left Indonesia, you will need to apply for a ERP (Exit Re-entry Permit).

Check out the link to find out more about the EPO Process:

Everything you need to know about the EPO Process!

What happens if I overstay my Visa?

If you overstay your visa you may be subjected to daily fines, blacklisting from the country and even deportation. We cannot stress enough the importance of keeping your visa up to date.

In 2019 the penalty for overstaying rose from 300,000 to 1,000,000 IDR per day.


Want to know more about the KITAS Process?

The KITAS Process – How to Avoid Getting Ripped Off!

Complete KITAS Packages – Only Available from LetsMoveIndonesia!

The investor KITAS – Everything You Need To Know!



Real Estate & Relocation Services

Get Your Free Consultation

Latest News