Homes in the modern era are always evolving, trends come as go as frequently as the seasons. But what are the trends for 2016? This week we delve deep into interior design and come up with 16 of the most popular interior design trends now.
1. Two-tone kitchen cabinets. By keeping upper cabinets neutral or white and contrasting the bottom you can create a really stunning effect which enhances the light and ambiance. Although, a relatively new idea, it is becoming increasingly popular.
2. Outdoor materials used indoors. It is becoming more and more difficult to distinguish materials suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Incorporating traditional materials inside, can create stunning features as seen here.
3. Coloured steel appliances. Black stainless steel is becoming one of the style musts, for a modern stunning kitchen. In a recent poll of designers, nearly two-thirds admitted to wanting to make the change. Move with the times and find some for yourself.
4. Formal Dining rooms. With hectic working lives, people tend to forget to make time to eat and share conversation with their loved ones. For homeowners who want to entertain or simply spend more time with their nearest and dearest, a formal dining area isn’t negotiable any more, it is a must!
5. Workhorse Islands. Kitchen islands are not only just a social area to gather around, but also practical space to cook and prepare food. Modern homes are taking this a step further by adding deep storage, accompanied by seating so your space can be multi-functional yet attractive.
6. Evolving bathroom mirrors. Medicine cabinets are for hospitals; why do we still feel obliged to have them in our modern homes? Throw away your dated cabinets and replace them with some statement mirrors. They will help transform your bathroom’s character and make your bathroom the talk of the town.
7. Forget technology, remember your family. Living rooms are meant to be for living, not for staring at screens. Our lives are controlled by technology from the moment we wake up till the moment we go to sleep. Make some room in your house where you can find somewhere calm to read a book, chat with friends and family or just sit quietly and take a moment for yourself.
8. Sunrooms. Sunrooms are a wonderful place to get away, enjoy the radiance from the sun, utilize a forgotten corner of your home and find some peace and tranquility.